If you or a loved one suffer from dental fear or anxiety, dental sedation can help. Dr. Erika Graham offers sedation dentistry to her patients in her Durham, NC dental office. She understands that it can be difficult for some patients to visit the dentist because of a previous negative experience. Dr. Graham and her team aim to create a friendly environment where patients can feel confident and relaxed. Dental sedation is one of the tools that we use to ensure that patients are comfortable when they receive dental care in our office.
The Benefits of Dental Sedation
Dental sedation is a general dental solution that offers a variety of benefits to patients. Sedation dentistry:
- Eases anxiety or fear
- Allows dentists to work efficiently
- Requires fewer appointments
- Is safe to use
If you want to receive dental care but have a fear of loud noises, dental instruments, or dental procedures in and of themselves, contact our office. Our friendly team will help you find the best type of sedation for your needs.
Types of Dental Sedation
Our dental office provides multiple types of dental sedation to calm patients:
- Nitrous Oxide: Also known as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is a gas that we administer through a mask. Patients may feel giggly or will laugh under “laughing gas”, hence the name. This type of sedation takes effect almost immediately.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: Oral conscious sedation is a method taken as a pill before treatment. Under this sedation method, patients are relaxed and can be partially conscious, though they will not remember their treatment.
- IV Sedation: Intravenous sedation is administered directly into the bloodstream through an IV. IV sedation takes effect and wears off slowly. Patients who require IV sedation need to be driven to and from their appointment.
Request a Dental Visit Today
Do you require dental care but have fear or anxiety? Ask Dr. Graham or a member of her dental team about your options for dental sedation. Call 919-899-4467 or schedule a dental consultation with our team online. At Oak Grove Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we serve patients from Durham, Oak Grove, and the surrounding areas.